EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The McDonald’s El Paso Scholarship program will award a total of $ 100,000 to El Paso students and help pay for a full year of tuition for the third consecutive year.
McDonald’s El Paso will be awarding $ 50,000 in scholarships to qualifying El Paso students who plan to attend the University of Texas at El Paso and El Paso Community College during the 2021-2022 school year.
Both colleges continue to partner with this initiative by matching the scholarship amount for a grand total of $ 100,000 in scholarships. This, in efforts of extending access to higher education for community members.
The program was initiated by Richard Castro, El Paso Owner / Operator, in partnership with UTEP and EPCC.
âThe initiative’s sole purpose is to provide financial support to local, dedicated students who don’t
Have the financial means to realize their academic goals and seek an opportunity to better their
lives through education, âsaid Richard Castro, founder of the McDonald’s El Paso Scholarships
program, “By partnering with UTEP and EPCC, we take this initiative to a whole new level,
enabling the cause to cover the tuition of a student’s first entire academic year. “
A total of $ 100,000 will be awarded to 20 graduating high school seniors of El
Paso and surrounding areas on Thursday (June 10) to start their academic journey in the fall semester.
Below is a list of the 2021 McDonald’s El Paso Scholarship recipients:
- Anita AcuÃ±a Bel Air High School
- Liliana Aldaco Fort Hancock High School
- Andres Alvarado Pebble Hills High School
- Salma Baca Immanuel Christian School
- Lizbeth Barrientos Socorro High School
- Paulina Chavez El Dorado High School
- Diego Espino America High School
- Stephan Hernandez Bel Air High School
- Brianna Loera Silva Health Magnet School
- Kevin Montellano Del Valle High School
- Alyssa Padilla Harmony Science Academy
- Dante Padilla Valle Verde Early College HS
- Juvenal Rodela Eastlake High School
- Joshua Salgado Montwood High School
- Rene Servin El Paso High School
- Aubrey Urquidi Bel Air High School
- Jared Venega’s Ysleta High School
- Rigoberto Venegas Del Valle High School
- Alondra Villalobos Canutillo High School
- Luis A. Zaragoza Pebble Hills High School
The McDonald’s El Paso Scholarships has awarded a total of $ 300,000 in scholarships to 36 El Paso students who wish to attend UTEP or EPCC since the program started.
For local and breaking news, sports, weather alerts, video and more, download the FREE KTSM 9 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.