Kevin Zaragoza, a partner in Dechert’s global tax group, focuses his practice on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transaction tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, carve-outs and restructurings. Mr. Zaragoza is particularly experienced in advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on acquisitions, disposals and follow-on investments.
Mr. Zaragoza represents clients across a wide range of industries including private equity; life sciences and healthcare; professional sports; venture funds and venture capital backed companies; Technology; and media.
In addition, he has extensive experience advising clients entering into joint ventures and advising mutual funds, investors and corporations on fundraising activities, including public and private offerings of debt and equity structures.
- Mubadala capital in connection with a joint investment with Entrepreneurial Equity Partners in Mercer Foods and Thrive Foods.
- Marathon Wealth Management on the acquisition of Kaléo.
- Mubadala capital on the acquisition of K-MAC Enterprises, Taco Bell’s second largest franchisee in the United States.
- Mavis Tire Express Services on the acquisition by an investor group led by BayPine LP in partnership with TSG Consumer Partners.
- Subsidiaries of Mill Rock Capital in connection with its investment in The ExecuSearch Group
- Acorda Therapeutics on the sale of Massachusetts manufacturing operations to Catalent.
- Subsidiaries of Mill Rock Capital in connection with their investment in DRT Holdings, Inc.
- ICV partner on its investment in the Mintz Group.
- Affiliates of Ryan Smithin connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in Utah Jazz.
- Bayer in connection with the sale of the business of Dr. Scholl’s to Yellow Wood Partners.
Includes matters dealt with at Dechert or before joining the firm.