Traffic & Roads
- Transmountain closed until further notice. Close
- Ysleta ISD – Students will take part in online learning at regular times on Monday due to the freezing temperatures. Take-away is not available.
- Socorro ISD – Schools and District Offices will start working remotely from Monday, February 15, 2021. Lessons are offered virtually during normal school hours. The school and district support staff will work remotely. Necessary employees are informed of their work schedule by their supervisor. The catering program on the curb is closed for the day.
- San Elizario ISD – switched to online classes on Monday 15th February. Roadside meals were canceled on Monday, February 15. Weather permitting, meals will be distributed to SEHS, GEMS, Alarcon Elementary and Borrego Elementary on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
- Tornillo ISD – Classes will be online on Monday 15th February
- Fabens ISD – Classes will be switched to distance learning on Monday, February 15. All teachers and students log in remotely. There is no catering on Monday. Security will remain on duty, but remaining staff will be asked to stay at home.
- Anthony ISD – Classes will be 100% online on Monday February 15th. All employees must stay at home, no meals will be delivered.
- La Fe Preparatory School – The closure is already scheduled for the Presidential Holidays
- UTEP – All personal activities, including services at walk-in COVID-19 test sites, begin at 10 a.m. on Monday. Remote activities will continue at regular times.
- EPCC – all courses and surgeries scheduled online will be offered remotely on Monday February 15th.
- TTUHSC – delayed opening until Monday, February 15, noon. All classroom courses will resume in the afternoon and employees currently working on campus will be able to return to their offices after the campus opens.
- The city’s administrations and all local courts open at 10 a.m. on Monday. The early morning district court cases will automatically reset and residents will be notified accordingly.
- El Paso Zoo – Closed Sunday February 14th. Will resume normal operations on Wednesday, February 17th at 9:30 am
- All roadside appointments in the animal service center are canceled and postponed.
- The city of El Paso says the library’s roadside pickup will be suspended on Monday due to the freezing weather.
Fixed routes and LIFT paratransit services will operate on Monday according to a normal timetable. Due to the road conditions, however, there may be delays for passengers. Route information is available at www.SunMetro.net or by calling (915) 212-3333.
The international bridges Paso Del Norte, Stanton and Zaragoza remain open to the traveling public. Road teams have treated the bridges to keep them passable.
Due to road conditions, the Greater El Paso landfill at 2600 Darrington Road in Clint will begin a two-hour delay on Monday. The landfill opens at 9:00 a.m. For more information on the landfill, visit www.elpasotexas.gov/ESD or call (915) 212-6000. Garbage and recyclable material collections are not affected, as they are not in operation on Mondays.
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank – ALL primary pantry distribution points will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2021 due to inclement weather. This also includes our location in 9541 Plaza Circle.
- WellMed Clinics – Delayed opening until Monday, February 15, 12 noon. Doctors and other hospital staff will contact patients with Monday appointments to make a new appointment or offer online video visits.
- Centro De Salud Familiar La Fe – All facilities will be open until 10 a.m. Includes clinics, administrations, and community service facilities.
- Texas Tech Doctors at El Paso Clinics – delayed opening until noon
The Office of Emergency Management and the Department of Public Health will continue to provide COVID-19 vaccines at the Don Haskins Recreation Center and George Perry locations to those who have made appointments.
The COVID-19 hotline (915-212-6843) is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The public can also contact the staff by email at [email protected] For more information or to register for the vaccine, visit www.epcovidvaccine.com.
COVID-19 test sites
The state test sites are closed today, Sunday, February 14th and Monday, February 15th, due to inclement weather.
The state test centers will resume their regular opening hours on Tuesday, February 16.
The following state sites, which are regularly open Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., are closed on Sunday February 14 and Monday February 15:
- Ascarate Park, 6800 Delta, El Paso, TX
- El Paso Community College Campus Valle Verde, 919 Hunter Dr., EL Paso, TX
- Nation Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr., El Paso, TX
- SISD Student Activities Complex, 1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX
- UTEP Schuster 1 parking lot (Schuster Avenue and Lane 1966 roundabout, on the south side of the complex), El Paso, TX
- Eastside Sports Complex, 14380 Montwood, El Paso, TX
- Region 19 Kenworthy Complex, 9776 Kenworthy, El Paso, TX
The following state saliva testing sites, which are regularly open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., will be closed on Monday, February 15:
- Memorial Park, 1701 N. Copia, El Paso, TX
- ESD 2 fire station, 11440 N. Loop, Socorro, TX
The following state rural test sites, which are regularly open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., are closed on Monday, February 15:
- West Valley Fire St., 510 Vinton Rd., Anthony, TX
- ESD # 2 HQ, 16001 Socorro Rd., Fabens, TX
The UMMC test site, which is regularly open Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., is closed on Sunday, February 14th and Monday, February 15th:
- County SportsPark, 1780 N. Zaragoza, El Paso, TX
Emergency management officials urge the public to exercise caution in the extremely cold temperatures forecast by the National Weather Service (NWS). Several other test sites are available to the public.
Open from February 14th to February 15th from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Galatzan Recreation Center
- Clardy Fox Library
- Marty Robbins Rec Center
- Memorial senior center
- Wellington Chew Senior Center
- Pavo Real Senior Center
- San Juan Senior Center
- Brewster County:
- EPC 102 S. 2nd Street, Alpine, TX
- Hudspeth County:
- Sierra Blanca HS, 500 Sierra Blanca Dr., Sierra Blanca, TX
- Church: 401 Sierra Blanca Dr., Sierra Blanca, TX
- No major incidents to report (5:20 p.m.)