A chlorine explosion in a municipal swimming pool claims one dead and four injured – three of them children.
An operator of the municipal swimming pool in the city of Luna, Zaragoza, died and another was injured when the chemical products he was handling during maintenance work exploded. The incident also injured three children who were taken to the Miguel Servet Children’s Hospital in Zaragoza by an ambulance as a precautionary measure.
The accident occurred after 2 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, when a worker with another colleague filled a large tank with chlorine and a reaction between the materials he was working with resulted in an explosion, according to the fire department led the DiputaciÃ³n de Zaragoza.
The deceased had been treated on site by doctors from the Luna Health Center who could do nothing to save him. The other injured worker was taken to Servet Hospital in an ambulance by paramedics from the 061 ambulance.
Zaragoza Provincial Council firefighters, who had traveled from Ejea de los Caballeros Park, secured the area, making sure there were no leaks or spills that could cause another outbreak or poisoning.
As a preventive measure, the facilities, in which there were about 60 people at that time, were evacuated. Civil Guard officers cordoned off the area while they waited for the Criminal Police to arrive at the scene to begin their investigation.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Please remember to come back and visit The Euro Weekly News website for all of your breaking local and international news.