CBS ANNOUNCES “SUMMER OF GHOSTS,” A EXTENSIVE CAMPAIGN CELEBRATING THE PLAYFUL TITLE CHARACTERS AND LIVING LEADERS OF THE CBS ORIGINAL SERIES “GHOSTS”
Current and future fans of the #1 new comedy series can participate in the multi-city in-person activations of To Die For and unique Web3 metaverse experiences leading up to the show’s second season this fall
CBS presents “Summer of GHOSTS,” a compelling campaign honoring the “recently deceased” first season of the CBS original series GHOSTS and its upcoming second season this fall. Throughout the summer, in multiple cities, in-person events and unique Web3 Metaverse experiences will celebrate the spirited title characters and living protagonists of the new #1 TV comedy.
Each character is honored with a distinctive “to die for” activation that brings their individual worlds and stories into the here and now with a variety of personal events, stunts and experiences. Fans will explore the lives (and afterlife) of the ghosts, including Flower, a ’60s hippie; Hetty, a woman of Victorian society and wife of a 19th-century robber baron; Alberta, the cheeky Prohibition-era lounge singer; Isaac, the forgotten 18th-century Founding Father; Sasappis, a sarcastic 16th-century native; Pete, the jolly Boy Scout troop leader of the ’80s; Thorfinn, a Viking warrior from 1009; and Trevor, the slick, pantsless ’90s financier brother forever. Also to be celebrated are Samantha and Jay, now married “living” who have recently inherited Woodstone Mansion, the country estate inhabited by the spirits that Samantha can see and hear. To add to the excitement, each activation will include a limited-edition collectible NFT figure as well as gift cards for a one-month subscription to Paramount+, where viewers can watch GHOSTS Season 1 on-demand.
Coming mid-summer, fans everywhere will also be able to bridge dimensions between the living and the dead by virtually accessing the haunted grounds of Woodstone Mansion in a unique and easy-to-navigate Web3 GHOSTS experience. The Metaverse will include an additional release of the 10 character-specific exclusive collectible NFTs. Collecting all 10 will allow fans to unlock different experiences in the Metaverse Mansion, which will feature the series set in remarkable detail. The interactive experience features games and surprises as people explore the different rooms and grounds.
“We’re excited to bring our CBS original comedy GHOSTS to life throughout the summer in a way that celebrates the show’s characters in a creative, authentic and entertaining way,” said Mike Benson, president and chief marketing officer of CBS. “We hope that fans of the series, as well as those who have never seen GHOSTS, will enjoy the experiences we have created and see why it has become the most popular new comedy on television.”
The campaign was launched in a moment of surprise and joy during Paramount’s Upfront presentation at Carnegie Hall, when cast members from the series performed a comical musical number with character, which is now available on more than 150 music streaming services worldwide (including Spotify, Apple Music and Pandora) as GHOSTS: The Musical.
Next are the activations honoring each character:
· Flower’s Flowers – A floral experience in Los Angeles in June honoring the bohemian spirit of the ’60s, Flower.
· Hetty-quette: a book of etiquette – A launch party for Hetty’s social book, Hetty-quette, even if her advice is a little dated!
· The Alberta Haynes Museum – The storied Alberta Haynes Museum comes to life with an exclusive pop-up experience in Alberta’s hometown of Altoona, Pa. For fans unable to attend in person, a tour of the GHOSTS social channels showcase the artifacts, memorabilia, and GHOSTS “Easter Eggs.”
· Sass’s Ghost Stories – A nightly storytelling performance in New York City to celebrate Sasappis’ roots as storytellers.
· Pete’s Friend Zone – Pete’s Pinecone Trooper-themed “Friend Zone” in San Diego that will have a campground feel complete with A-frame inspired tents for shade, activation stations and campground snacks.
· Thorfinn’s Viking Feast – A Viking luncheon for Thorfinn, offering select fans a Norse-inspired dining experience at sea.
· Isaac’s Victory – Isaac finally surpasses Alexander Hamilton when he’s featured on a (wait…) $11 bill!
· Trevor’s Hamptons Party – The exclusive “Forever Trevor” 90’s themed Hamptons party to give Trevor the party of his dreams.
· Sam & Jay’s Woodstone Premiere – The world premiere of the Season 2 kickoff screening event.
Fans can follow @GhostsCBS on Twitter, Instagram and TikTok for campaign details and use #SummerOfGhosts to join in the fun.
The second season of the critically acclaimed #1 new comedy/series and breakout hit GHOSTS will premiere on CBS this fall on Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. in its new slot and will be repeated throughout the summer. The entire first season is available to stream on-demand on Paramount+.
GHOSTS stars Rose McIver (Samantha), Utkarsh Ambudkar (Jay), Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac), Richie Moriarty (Pete), Danielle Pinnock (Alberta), Asher Grodman (Trevor), Román Zaragoza (Sasappis), Sheila Carrasco (Flower ), Rebecca Wisocky (Hetty) and Devan Chandler Long (Thorfinn). Joe Port and Joe Wiseman are executive producers and showrunners. The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Lionsgate Television and BBC Studios Production in Los Angeles.